[Samba] Samba Authenitcation Via Active Directroy

Brijesh Shukla shukla.brijesh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 11:43:03 GMT 2007

Hi Samba/Active directory List
Can any one please let me know, how can i authenticate a user on Samba
Machine via Active Directory.
Let me describe my question in more detail.
I have Active directory as a domain controller on widows 2003 Server on the
same network I have Linux machine that is
running the Samba server under the domain contrller of Active Directory.
 I have list of registerd user on Active directory but all of them is not
having the account on Samba machine, how can
rest of the user who is not having linux account on Samba machine can access
the shared folder on Linux (Samba server).

Example, if x, y, z are the registerd user on Active directory and in the
same Domian I have Samba server.
I have created an account for x (Add user ) in Linux Samba machine, now x is
able to access the samba server
from any machine to linux. but rest of the other user (Y and Z) can not
access the Samba server thoug they are
registerd in Active directory as the same previlege ad X. Suppose If i have
a 1000 of account in Active directory
then I have to create 1000 of account in Samba server to make them eligible
to access shared folder on Linux is it the case....
While in windows-XP enviroment and one of the registerd user in Active
Directory can access any one Machine in same domain..
Kindly teach me...
Thanks & Regards
Brijesh Shukla