[Samba] Howto setup printing with Windows XP Clients, Cups and samba..

stephen mulcahy smulcahy at aplpi.com
Thu Feb 8 14:13:34 GMT 2007

Hi,

I (unsuccessfully) tried to set this up about 12 months ago. To get the
printer drivers I downloaded them from the printer vendor, extracted the
downloaded driver package (or ran it to install them) and then copied
the resulting files to the server. This seemed to work ok but I tripped
over permissions problems (possibly because at the time the print server
wasn't functioning as a pdc).

Not sure if that helps though.

-stephen

--
Stephen Mulcahy, Applepie Solutions Ltd, Innovation in Business Center,
   GMIT, Dublin Rd, Galway, Ireland.      mailto:smulcahy at aplpi.com
  mobile:+353.87.2930252  office:+353.91.751262  http://www.aplpi.com