[Samba] SAMBA under window?

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Fri Dec 14 07:14:00 GMT 2007

Hallo, hce,

Du (webmail.hce) meintest am 14.12.07:

> To be honest, I don't know either, that's why I am aking :-). But,
> basically, I have many small linux devices (mobile, handset) which
> want to connect to a web server, or file system in a window to
> download html pages and to transfer files.

Linux can talk with many other OSes.
If you want to surf ("web server"): no samba problem. Neither on your
linux device nor on the web server side.
If you want to connect Microsoft shares on another machine with your
linux device: no samba problem for the Microsoft machine. On the linux
side you have to install "smbclient". On the Microsoft machine you have
nothing to change.

By the way: when you mention "window" - do you really mean "Microsoft
Windows"? Or some other thing?
Linux uses "X Window", that's another thing.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut