[Samba] Problems with slow printing (and name resolving?)

bsnottum at hkskole.no bsnottum at hkskole.no
Thu Aug 23 14:20:14 GMT 2007

Hallo!

I am running an centos server with samba-3.0.10-1.4E.12.2. I have
configured this to be a print server with automatic driver download.

This has been runnig well for some time, but suddenly it seems like the
name resolution is corrupted. If you click 'file -> print' or 'start ->
printers and telefaxes' everything stops for about 30 seconds before the
windows pos up. The reply from \\server\printers and telefaxes is much
slower than before.

I have tried to empty the /var/cache/samba/printing, but this does not help.

Browsing into files and folders works very good - it is only when you
start to deal with the printers things start to slow down.

Thanks for all help.

Bjorn

believed to be clean.