[Samba] Mapping external MIT K5 realm users to windows domain users using winbindd

Mark Campbell mcc171 at psu.edu
Wed Aug 15 18:30:22 GMT 2007

Is there a way to map a user from an external MIT K5 realm to a user in
windows AD?

We have a windows AD domain with a trust to an MIT K5 realm.  I am
logged on to a workstation in the AD domain with an account from the MIT
realm.  When I go to access the share a logon window pops up.  Even if I
use the domain account the k5 ticket I have causes a logon failure.
Because samba first tries the kerberized exchange which is valid because
of the trust.  However because the user is from the realm and not the
domain winbindd does not return a name.

Thanks for any help

Mark

--