[Samba] Changing the PAM module

Bruno Jacquet bruno.jacquet at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 18:30:29 GMT 2007

Dear all,

I want to give access to a shared directory in a way that the user has
to answer correctly to a trivia question, without the need of a
username and password. Therefore I've created a PAM module to do just
that.
The module works fine with a simple command line application I've done
to test it. But I can't get Samba to use it.

- How can I configure Samba so that it uses my module?

Thing you should know:
- I don't want to have user accounts on the Samba server,
- only Windows clients will access the shares,
- I've installed Samba on a Ubuntu 7.04 via Synaptic (I assume that I
comes with 'PAM enabled').

Thank you,

Jacquet