[Samba] Re: PDC: Windows xp sp2 reboots when login onto domain

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 22:34:30 GMT 2007

> The problem is with a new network I am installing in other company. I think
> that the problem could be related with only newly installed computers, or
> maybe related with profile creation: I mean, with SP2 msgina.dll, if the
> profile is not in the server, the client crashes (as no file is created in
> the Samba server profile folder for the user).

I have not seen this with a freshly installed XP disk that has sp2
built in or via an older XP disk (SP1 or no sp at all)  that was then
upgraded to sp2. This is very puzzling to me. Do you have profile
acls=yes in your smb.conf? I had to use this this since I have
upgraded to samba 3.0.24 from 3.0.20.   Have you set any of the
profile policies using the local system policy snapin on the windows
box? Are you using any type of internet firewall other than windows
firewall. I have seen zonealarm cause an instantaneous reboot with
java streaming apps (stock tickers ...).

John