[Samba] Re: PDC: Windows xp sp2 reboots when login onto domain

Rune Tønnesen rune at tonnesen.org
Sun Aug 12 11:10:48 GMT 2007

Jose Manuel D. Mendinueta skrev:
> In the lab I was working we had 10 computers, and the same thing. When the
> Samba PDC and the computers were installed, all was fine. The computers of
> the lab were updated regularly, and everything is working fine.
>
> The problem is with a new network I am installing in other company. I think
> that the problem could be related with only newly installed computers, or
> maybe related with profile creation: I mean, with SP2 msgina.dll, if the
> profile is not in the server, the client crashes (as no file is created in
> the Samba server profile folder for the user).
>
> Anyway, I am astonished because I think this is an important problem that
> should happen with XP SP2 installations, and it seems only a few people is
> suffering it. Maybe there could be some others factors involved, but I used
> vanilla Xp SP2 windows intallations.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mendi
Hi Jose

It sounds a bit wierd, that your comnputers crashes if the user profile
does not exist. Usually missing profiles are created on the client when
you logon and is copied to the server when you log off.
Have you done anything to the resigtry on your clients?
Check http://www.auditmypc.com/process/msgina.asp

--
Rune Tønnesen
Bedste Hilsner/Best Regards