[Samba] Re: PDC: Windows xp sp2 reboots when login onto domain

Jose Manuel D. Mendinueta mendi at ulises.tel.uva.es
Sat Aug 11 19:45:48 GMT 2007

In the lab I was working we had 10 computers, and the same thing. When the
Samba PDC and the computers were installed, all was fine. The computers of
the lab were updated regularly, and everything is working fine.

The problem is with a new network I am installing in other company. I think
that the problem could be related with only newly installed computers, or
maybe related with profile creation: I mean, with SP2 msgina.dll, if the
profile is not in the server, the client crashes (as no file is created in
the Samba server profile folder for the user).

Anyway, I am astonished because I think this is an important problem that
should happen with XP SP2 installations, and it seems only a few people is
suffering it. Maybe there could be some others factors involved, but I used
vanilla Xp SP2 windows intallations.

Cheers,

Mendi