[Samba] Problem with LDAP failover config

Ben Tisdall ben at redcircleit.com
Thu Aug 9 02:01:49 GMT 2007

John Drescher wrote:

> If the email client does something weird there is one space between
> the entries. These are two different machines with the first being the
> PDC and it is in the dns but the second is not so I used the numerical
> ip for that one instead.
>
> passdb backend = ldapsam:"ldap://sysserv0.radimg.pitt.edu ldap://192.168.1.230"

Thanks John, I'd already tried & failed this way :(

It turns out this appears to be related to newest Samba package as
provided by Fedora Core 4 (3.0.23a-1.fc4.1) as using 3.0.25b compiled
from the official Samba sources failover works fine.

Unfortunately I'd already made a slightly embarrassing regression from
3.0.25b to the Fedora package on Monday due to resource utilisation
issues I haven't yet had time to diagnose. All the more reason to get
back on the case!

Cheers,

--
Ben Tisdall