[Samba] Problem with LDAP failover config

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Aug 9 07:12:41 GMT 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 03:01 +0100, Ben Tisdall wrote:
> John Drescher wrote:
>
> > If the email client does something weird there is one space between
> > the entries. These are two different machines with the first being the
> > PDC and it is in the dns but the second is not so I used the numerical
> > ip for that one instead.
> >
> > passdb backend = ldapsam:"ldap://sysserv0.radimg.pitt.edu ldap://192.168.1.230"
> >
> Thanks John, I'd already tried & failed this way :(
>
> It turns out this appears to be related to newest Samba package as
> provided by Fedora Core 4 (3.0.23a-1.fc4.1) as using 3.0.25b compiled
> from the official Samba sources failover works fine.

I suspect it's a build error, due to The Fedora Core 4 buidl not
correctly detecting the ldap_initialize() function.  If that were not to
be detected in the libs, then we would fallback to an internal function
that doesn't handle multiple servers.

That's my punt anyway.  Look for HAVE_LDAP_INITIALIZE in the smbd -b
output.

Andrew Bartlett