[Samba] Samba 3.0 and XP roaming profiles

Wolfgang Ratzka ratzka at hrz.uni-marburg.de
Thu Apr 12 06:59:18 GMT 2007

contact_mahajan schrieb:

> Also regarding my logon script, my smb.conf fille says like this:
>
> [GLOBAL]
> logon script = scripts\login.bat
>
> [netlogon]
> path= /var/samba/netlogon/%U

This definition is trying to be subtle by defining a per-user-netlogon share,
as %U expands to the session user name. Normally you will not want to do this,
so you will strip off the "/%U" and simply put your login scripts below
/var/samba/netlogon. (Permissions should of course be so that everyone can
read and only admins can write.)
The logon script parameter is a (windows) path relative to the netlogon
directory. There is no need to put those in a subdirectory. (Sou you can do
away with the "scripts\" part...) You should note that the logon script
parameter in the [global] section can be overridden by per-user-settings in ldap
(if you are using ldap).

Kind regards
--
Wolfgang Ratzka  Phone: +49 6421 2823531  FAX: +49 6421 2826994
Uni Marburg,  HRZ, Hans-Meerwein-Str., D-35032 Marburg, Germany