[Samba] Problem with samba and XP

Dennis McLeod dmcleod at foranyauto.com
Fri Apr 6 17:24:31 GMT 2007

The actual permissions on the folders. Not the share permissions (controlled
by Samba), but the folder permissions.

Like this (From Samba By Example):

Under the directory called /data, create two directories named ftmfiles and
officefiles, and set ownership and permissions:

root#  mkdir -p /data/{ftmfiles,officefiles/{letters,invitations,misc}}
root#  chown -R abmas:office /data
root#  chmod -R ug+rwxs,o-w,o+rx /data

Of course change your folder and user names as required.

http://samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/simple.html#id286980