[Samba] windows AD member

Filipe Mota fmota at iportalmais.pt
Thu Sep 28 10:47:30 GMT 2006

Hello all,

  I have a big problem. I have samba 3.0.23c with ldap backend
configured. On the network, I have windows 2000, windows XP and one
windows 2003 as member of samba domain. Samba runs well until last weeks
when users start problems conectivity with the domain. After some debug,
I discover nmbd stop responding. When I run comand smbclient to samba
server, I have the following respons:

session setup failed: Call timed out: server did not respond after 20000
milliseconds

If I restart samba, this work again for some time.

First, I think that was appening because I have AD as member of samba
domain, so I put AD in a workgroup. During some days the scenario works
but today the problem come back.

What can I do to solve this?

thanks,

--
Filipe Dias da Mota

iPortalMais - Serviços de Internet e Redes, Lda.
www.iportalmais.com
TEL: +351 22 510 64 76
GSM: +351 93 449 12 42
FAX: +351 22 518 97 22