[Samba] problem with cups and samba: printing is disabled

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at infinito.it
Thu Sep 28 08:40:46 GMT 2006

Hi,
I've got a windows printer that is no more working. If I try to see the status
of the printer I get:

server:~ # lpc status la02
la02:
        printer is on device 'smb' speed -1
        queuing is enabled
        printing is disabled
        no entries
        daemon present

that means printing is no enabled. If I try to enable the printer I cannot get
the printer enabled:

server:~ # lpadmin -p la02 -E
server:~ # lpc status la02
la02:
        printer is on device 'smb' speed -1
        queuing is enabled
        printing is disabled
        no entries
        daemon present

In the printers.conf file there's the message:

<Printer la02>
Info la02
DeviceURI smb://guest:guest@a02/l_a02
State Stopped
StateMessage Call timed out: server did not respond after 10000 milliseconds
closing remote file _stdin_
Accepting Yes
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
</Printer>

but if I smbclient to the printer I cannot connect!
Any idea?
Thanks,
Luca