[Samba] Preparing to build a Samba File Server for windows 2003 AD network

Timothy A. Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Fri Sep 1 20:07:02 GMT 2006

Good Evening everyone:

I am preparing to bring a Samba file server online on my network.  The
box is a p4 3.0ghz HT box with 500GB in 2 SATA drives -- it works fine
with the base OS installed.

I want to get it set up right to be able to serve as a file server with
my Windows 2003 Active Directory Network.

The network has a primary domain controller (srvdc-01 192.168.0.2) and a
secondary domain controller(srvdc-02) (I know - those terms are out of
date but that's how it works)

The users all authenticate through the active directory and I would like
them to be able to use the samba shares transparently (without further
authentication).

I have 2 articles from the Getnoo Wiki printed here ready to use,
Specifically the HOWTO add a gentoo server to a windows network, and
HOWTO setup Samba

I was wondering if anyone knew of any other useful docs that can ease
this process.  The last time I did a samba server (the one this is
replacing -- under fedora) it was about a 3 week process to get it
working right, I really don't have that kind of time right now and would
like to draw on the collective experience here.

Thanks a bunch

TIM

Timothy A. Holmes
IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher

Medina Christian Academy
A Higher Standard...

Jeremiah 33:3
Jeremiah 29:11