[Samba] vim timestamp issues on CIFS mounted shares

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Fri Sep 1 17:43:16 GMT 2006

On 06/09/01 11:30 (GMT-0400) Chris Elston apparently typed:

> On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 14:54 -0400, Chris Elston wrote:

>> http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2006-April/119813.html

>> Just as he describes in his second point, while editing a file from a
>> CIFS mounted share, something is confusing vim as to the timestamp of
>> the file and it thinks that the file has changed since my last writing.
>> My first write always works without a warning but all subsequent writes
>> produce the warning.  I can guarantee that I am in fact the only person
>> editing this file

Maybe this would get fixed in conjunction with fixing the known problem
that CIFS mounts of win9x and OS/2 shares show the beginning-of-epoch
timestamps for all directories and files. A better answer might come
from the samba-technical or cifs list. Also you could search bugzilla:
https://bugzilla.samba.org/
--
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time
we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."	Galatians 6:9 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409