[Samba] Basic Read ONly share with admin write access?

Andy .. thecornfield at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 29 19:56:18 GMT 2006

ok.. so i've had a samba share set up on our network for a while with
user-level securty and it was working great, but recently there has been the
need for a share that is accessible to everyone without the authentication
(mostly a media server [aka a hacked xbox] that can broawse the smb network
to read avaiable media) this was very easy to implement, but somehow i lost
the abilty to write from the other machines in the network..

the goal? to make a data share that can be read/writeable for unix user
admin can access REGAURDLESS of the machine *he* sits at on the network..
And then keep the "public" folder accessible to all without the need for a
username and password..

this made me think that SHARE-level security would be best.. but i'm still a
N00b

..heres my conf!

-andy

#======================= Global Settings =======================