[Samba] starting Samba and removing PCNetlink

Mary Couture Mary.Couture at recorder.pima.gov
Sun Nov 26 19:27:24 GMT 2006

I have a Sun Clutster running on two Sun Fire 4800s, OS is Solaris 9.
The environment was set up with PC Netlink prior to my arrival.  On Nov
24 after work I shutdown PC Netlink on both systems and started Samba.
However from the windows side we can only see one Sun box and the one
sun development box that I tested on prior to this weekend.  The other
production system can't be seen from windows.  The access is wide open
and the shares are set up the same.

Here is a sample of the smb.conf file running on the box that works
great

# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = RAD
	netbios name = REC2
	security = SHARE
        hosts allow = xxx.xxx.xxx. xxx.xxx.xxx. xxx.xxx.xxx
        load printers = yes
        max log size = 50
        log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
        passdb backend = tdsam
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY
        local master = no
        os level = 33
        domain master = no
        wins support = yes
        wins proxy = yes
        dns proxy = no

[rols]
        comment = rec2:/global/rols
        path = /global/rols
        guest ok = yes
        read only = no
        create mask = 0777

[maps]
	comment = rec2:/global/rols/rols4/maps
	path = /global/rols/rols4/maps
	guest ok = yes
	read only = no
	create mask = 0777

[rec2tmp]
	comment = rec2:/tmp
	path = /tmp
	guest ok = yes
	read only = no
	create mask = 0777

[printers]
	path = /var/spool/samba
	printable = Yes
	browseable = No
        guest ok = no
        writable = no
        printable = yes

And here is a copy of the smb.conf from the host not working......

# Global Parameters
[global]
        workgroup = RAD
               netbios name = REC1
               security = SHARE
        hosts allow = xxx.xxx.xxx. xxx.xxx.xxx. xxx.xxx.xxx.
               load printers = yes
               max log size = 50
               log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
#               passdb backend = tdsam
               socket options = TCP_NODELAY
               local master = no
               os level = 33
               domain master = no
 wins support = yes
        wins proxy = no
               dns proxy = no

[voter]
        comment = rec1:/global/voter
        path        = /global/voter/voter1
        guest        ok = yes
        read        only = no
        creat       e mask = 0777

[printers]
        path = /var/spool/samba
               printable = yes
               browseable = no
               guest ok = no
                     writable = no
        printable = yes

Everything is the same on both machines.

This is the error message I get when I go into the workgroup on the
windows side and select the host that is listed from  the Samba
dameons.

\\Rec1 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out
if you have access permissions.

Windows cannot find the network path. Verify that the network path is
correct and the destination computer is not busy or turned off.  If
windows still cannot find the network path, contact your network
administrator.

I have verified the paths and permissions and the computer is running.
Does any one have a suggestion for me?