[Samba] HP Photosmart C6180 and smbclient, and other linux-based samba clients

Vincas Ciziunas vincas at ciziunas.com
Sun Nov 26 16:50:21 GMT 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to access a share called MEMORY_CARD on an HP Photosmart
C6180 from a linux system.  Smbclient keeps returning some form of
access denied.  Strangely enough, the finder application on Mac OS X
is able to 'mount' it.  I get the same error with smbclient under OS
X.  Windows has no trouble accessing it through explorer as well as
through calls to net use with cmd.  Attached is a typescript and a
pcap capture of what happens when I try to do an smbclient -L of the
system.  Any help would be appreciated.

--Vincas