[Samba] RE upgraded to samba-3.0.23c = continous password prompts on shares - SOLVED

Roland Hordos rolandhordos at tundraeng.com
Mon Nov 20 17:57:49 GMT 2006

>> has anyone gotten 'getent group' to correctly query AD with
samba-3.0.23c?
Yes, my 3.0.23c does on FC5, using DOMAIN security, querying a Win2k AD.
The one setting that made this work for me was "winbind enum groups =
Yes".  My entire global section is below.

Hope this helps.

Roland;

[global]
        workgroup = DOMAIN1
        realm = DOMAIN1.INT
        netbios aliases = TEPROG, TEAFP, TEDATA
        server string = TEAL
        security = DOMAIN
        password server = fp02.tundraeng.int
        log level = 1
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        include = /etc/samba/smb_ip_debug_%I.conf
        debug pid = yes
        max log size = 50
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_KEEPALIVE SO_RCVBUF=8192
SO_SNDBUF=8192
        printcap name = /etc/printcap
        dns proxy = No
        wins server = FP02