[Samba] RE upgraded to samba-3.0.23c = continous password prompts on shares - SOLVED

Elvar elvar at ooz.net
Sun Nov 19 19:39:13 GMT 2006

I decided to install an older version of Samba (samba-3.0.21b) and it
worked fine. 'getent group' returned groups from the AD domain like it's
supposed to unlike it does with samba-3.0.23c. My shares are also
working properly again. So, again, has anyone gotten 'getent group' to
correctly query AD with samba-3.0.23c? Is it just a problem on FreeBSD 6.1?

Thanks,
Elvar