[Samba] Windows cannot create profile directory

timothy johnson mr2bigjohnson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 00:20:22 GMT 2006

I just got my PDC working but when I login as a user I get the following
error message.

"Windows cannot create profile directory \\MOSSPDC1\profiles\testuser.pds.
You will be logged on with a local profile only. Changes to the profile will
not be propagated to the server. Contact your network administrator.

DETAIL - Access is denied. "

Followed by this message.

"Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a
temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you
log off."

I only get this when user a domain user. If I login as an Admin everything
goes fine.