[Samba] Windows cannot create profile directory

Boniforti Flavio boniforti.f at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 00:30:26 GMT 2006

2006/11/2, timothy johnson <mr2bigjohnson at gmail.com>:

[cut]

> I only get this when user a domain user. If I login as an Admin everything
> goes fine.

I'm somehow "glad" I'm not the only one facing that problem.
I had this on my own Win2k SP4 laptop, and I couldn't figure out where
the problem was.

Therefore I set up 2 different test PCs: one with Win2k SP4 + updates
and the other with WinXP SP2 + updates. Guess what? Both work
correctly with LOCAL PROFILES (after having joined my Samba PDC).
Therefore the trouble has to be my Win2k laptop. I just found out that
I could be working around that "bug" by using the Policies on Win2k
and FORCE it to use local profiles only. Take a look here:

http://www.gatago.com/linux/samba/26610500.html

That's what I did, but I don't know wheter to file a bug report to M$
or not! :-)