[Samba] sambaUnixIdPooldn

listserv.traffic at sloop.net listserv.traffic at sloop.net
Fri May 26 15:29:46 GMT 2006

> the dn of this entry is where you're telling smbldap.conf to store the
> uid / gid numbers.

Thanks...however I understand that. Perhaps I should have been more specific.

Why is the location where this is being stored changed. Specifically,
why are we storing it under the PDC_Domain name, instead of
NextFreeUnixId.

>> ---quote---
>> 4. Edit the /etc/smbldap-tools/smbldap.conf file so that the following information is changed from:
>>
>> # Where to store next uidNumber and gidNumber available
>> sambaUnixIdPooldn="cn=NextFreeUnixId,${suffix}"
>>
>> to read, after modification:
>> # Where to store next uidNumber and gidNumber available
>> #sambaUnixIdPooldn="cn=NextFreeUnixId,${suffix}"
>> sambaUnixIdPooldn="sambaDomainName=MEGANET2,dc=abmas,dc=biz"
>>
>> ---quote---

I hate to do things blindly without having an idea what I'm doing, and
why.

Thanks,
Greg