[Samba] sambaUnixIdPooldn

Duncan Brannen dbb at st-andrews.ac.uk
Fri May 26 09:03:22 GMT 2006

When you add a new user or group via samba, samba needs to assign it a
uid / gid   The next available
number can be stored in the ldap server and queried/updated by samba.

I create my users / groups outside of samba and so don't use it so I'm
not sure exactly
what should go here.  There's a sambaUnixIdPool object class in the
samba.schema
which could hold these values and by the look of the example, I'm
guessing that objectClass
will be added to your sambaDomain object in the ldap server.

If you do an ldap search on your server for '(sambaDomain=*)' you should
see your domain and
it should have objectclass sambaDomain and objectClass sambaUnixIdPool

the dn of this entry is where you're telling smbldap.conf to store the
uid / gid numbers.

Hope this helps

          Duncan