[Samba] Need Solaris 8 Version that Works with AccessCheck()

Jonathan Johnson jon at sutinen.com
Thu May 25 14:54:56 GMT 2006

Posted on behalf--

Subject: Need Solaris 8 Version that Works with AccessCheck()
From: "Gary Warren" <gbw at ternion.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 14:30:21 -0500
To: <samba at lists.samba.org>

I am having a problem verifying permissions from a Windows machine
using AccessCheck() through a Samba share with files residing on a
Solaris 8 workstation. Is there a version of Samba that is known to
work with AccessCheck() queries from Windows?

The version of Samba I have currently is 3.0.10. This is the latest
version that I found from SUN freeware for Solaris 8. I would like to
try the very latest version, 3.0.22, but is says it is for Solaris 9.
Does the fact that it is for Solaris 9 mean that it will not work on
Solaris 8? Is there a version of 3.0.22 anywhere for Solaris 8?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Gary Warren
Ternion Corporation
E-Mail: gbw at ternion.com