[Samba] help to debug: Failling to upload some (not all) drivers to
ivan at geosci.usyd.edu.au
Wed May 24 06:51:42 GMT 2006
I am having trouble uploading drivers for Kyocera Mita 5035
multifunction fax/copier/printer machine. This is what I do to upload
Login to windows machine running XP (tried with m2k)
1. Download driver for Kyocera Mita 5035. (it comes as EXE file)
2. Install driver to the the local machine. During installation kyocera
directory is created:
3. Mount \\samba_server\printers as user who is member of "print admin"
group ( see smb.conf for more details ).
4. Select Kyocera Mita 5035 from a list of available printers
properties > advanced > load driver
Browse to: C:\Prog Files\Kyocera\...\driver.
5. Installation begins; according to status bar 2/3 of files are copied.
Suddenly it stops and an error message displayed:
samba_server: is domain controller for domain geosci
cups_servcer: Debian Sarge.
comment = All Printers
path = /var/spool/samba
browseable = no
public = yes
guest ok = yes
writable = no
printable = yes
comment = Printer Drivers Repository
path = /etc/samba/printer-drivers
browseable = yes
public = yes
read only = yes
#members of sys group wheel can install drivers
write list = root @wheel
printer admin = @wheel
Is there anything I can do to debug this issue?
F09 Madsen Bld.
School of Geosciences,
University of Sydney
phone: +612 9351 2031
mobile: +614 02 173 179
fax: +612 9351 3644
e-mail:ivan at geosci.usyd.edu.au
More information about the samba