[Samba] new directory to share gives error code -43

Veronica Hill veronica.hill at optusnet.com.au
Mon May 22 13:12:01 GMT 2006

My guess is you may have forgotten to create the dir....

You could try this little script to check if you have created all the
paths

#!/bin/bash

for p in $(grep path /etc/samba/smb.conf | cut -d= -f2 | cut -d" " -f2
| grep -v \%)
do  if [ -d $p ]; then
echo "GOOD! $p EXISTS! YAY!"
else
echo "$p doesn't exist... YOU WILL HAVE TO CREATE IT."
fi
done

Bye, Veronica.