[Samba] newbie question reguarding kerberos tickets

Doug Tucker tuckerd at engr.smu.edu
Thu May 11 15:07:23 GMT 2006

I recently joined a samba 3.0.22 server to AD.  When I did the kinit,
the AD gave me a 24 hour ticket with a 1 week renewal.  Setting -r and
-l to 365d did not change anything, the ticket still came back the same.
However, my question is in reguard to whether this is really even
needed?  First, I deleted the ticket, and everything seemed to continue
to work perfectly.  Now, I let the ticket expire for a couple of weeks
now, and yet, the samba server is working fine and users still
authenticate against AD just fine.  Am I missing something, or is the
creation of that ticket not even needed?  Thank you for your assistance.

doug...