[Samba] proposed list of parameter to remove in 3.0.23

Chris smb23 at realcomputerguy.com
Sat May 13 16:09:39 GMT 2006

On Thursday 11 May 2006 10:43, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> Here's a short list of parameters I'd like to remove
> from smb.conf.

No problem with those here.

OT from this but possibly related proposals:

I would like to comment that in order to clean up smb.conf, enhance its
readability and eliminate some confusion that the parameter synonyms,
such as "writeable" for "read only", get deprecated and eventually
removed. The synonyms allow a user to mistakenly use both at the same
time.

Also either an enhancement to testparm or the creation of a new utility
("testval" maybe), that will test the value side of smb.conf somewhat
as testparm does now for the parameter side. Of course there are many
open-ended parameter values that cannot be checked but some do have a
fixed number of options. And not that it should test for logical
correctness but mainly to find misspellings that could be hard to find
yet cause improper operation.

Chris