[Samba] Making Share Visible To Particular Users Only

Guillermo Dalla Vecchia hertor28 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 18:54:36 GMT 2006

I did it with the following configuration of the share:

[johndoe]
path = /tmp
valid users = johndoe
public = no
browseable = no
writeable = yes
include = /etc/samba/smb.conf.%U
create mask = 0600
directory mask = 0700

/etc/samba/smb.conf.%U

The following lines are in the file smb.conf.johndoe

[johndoe]
browseable = yes

Thanks to Gx and to all for your kind help
Regards
Guillermo.