[Samba] Making Share Visible To Particular Users Only

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Mar 17 16:03:11 GMT 2006

Linux clients 'mount' as root which complicates things a bit.

If you put the mount in fstab as 'user', and set the users 'credentials'
to be a file in their home directory (which contains their username and
password), then those that have that file could actually 'mount it' and
those without wouldn't know the difference. In this case, the users who
could 'mount' the samba share would have to know where on the filesystem
the mount is made.

Craig