[Samba] Cannot access WD's NetCenter drive from linux

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Thu Jul 27 06:10:15 GMT 2006

> * the client sends a Tree Connect AndX Request
> specifying the correct share path but only '00' as the
> password
> * the server responds with STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD.
>
> The fact that, with cifs, the password is not being
> sent at the same time as the share specification would
> seem to suggest that something incorrect is taking
> place in the client software when sending the request.

This indeed does appear to be the problem.  Is 'mount' prompting you
for the password, or are you specifying it as a mount option?  Does it
make a difference doing it the other way?  (-o password=blah)

If you disable CIFS UNIX extensions, does that make a difference?
(echo 0 > /proc/fs/cifs/LinuxExtensionsEnabled)  Possibly the
negotiation there is confusing the server.

Does "mount \\whatever --verbose -o blah" give you any new information?

That's pretty much everything I can think of, so sorry I couldn't be
more helpful!

Cheers,
Adam.