[Samba] missing username after the upgrade

Vahid Moghaddasi vahid.moghaddasi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 01:53:05 GMT 2006

Hi,
I upgraded samba from 3.0.22 to 3.0.23 and all the files that were
created on a shared drive are showing the number (UID) instead of
names. The new created files have the same numbers as the old one
created by the same user so I guess id mapping is OK. I also upgraded
3.0.22 to 3.0.23a but the affect was the same. If I restore 3.0.22,
then everything is back to normal. Does anyone know what could be the
problem? All of these are done on Solaris 9 and 10 if that matters.
Thanks.