[Samba] Cannot copy back profile

Rune Tønnesen rune.tonnesen at bordings-friskole.dk
Tue Jul 11 20:38:33 GMT 2006

> Thanks Jerry. That worked perfectly... but now I've got a _privacy_
> issue: all users are able to read and write in each other's profiles.
>
> The problem is that currently, if a user testuser starts \\PDC, he
> finds two shares, the Printers/Faxes and himself, a share called
> testuser. If he selects this share, he finds *all* the user home
> directories, and can go into the profile folder and do whatever they
> want. To ensure that I have all the profiles belonging to
> smbadmin:Domain Users I use ``force user = smbadmin'' in the profile
> share section.
>
> Is there a way to avoid this behavior?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Sensei <senseiwa at mac.com>
>
> The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds.
> The pessimist fears it is true.      [J. Robert Oppenheimer]

First of all do you have a separate profile share? If not then make one.
This way each user will have a separate folder for his/her profile that
only he/her has access to.
i.e.
[global]
logon path = \\%logonserver%\profiles\%U

[profiles]
create mode = 0600
directory mode = 0700
path = /home/samba/profiles/
profile acls = yes
read only = no
writable = yes

if you have a profile share, then please check ownership to see hos
access to what.

--
Venlig Hilsen (Best Regards)
Rune Tønnesen