[Samba] Cannot copy back profile

Sensei senseiwa at mac.com
Wed Jul 12 12:10:53 GMT 2006

On Jul 11, 2006, at 10:38pm, Rune Tønnesen wrote:

> First of all do you have a separate profile share? If not then make
> one. This way each user will have a separate folder for his/her
> profile that only he/her has access to. [...]

That was my fault, sorry to bother you :) A problem arises now...

I have (main parts):

[global]
enable privileges = yes
logon home =
logon path =

[netlogon]
path = /home/netlogon
valid users = %S
read only = yes
browsable = no

[profiles]
path = /home/%U
valid users = %U
guest ok = no
read only = no
writable = yes
browseable = no
profile acls = yes
inherit permissions = yes
inherit owner = yes
force user = smbadmin

[homes]
path = /home/%U
valid users = %U
guest ok = no
read only = no
writable = yes
browseable = no
inherit permissions = yes
inherit owner = yes
force user = smbadmin

The user:

dn: uid=testuser,ou=Users,dc=mydomain
sambaProfilePath: \\SMB\profiles\profile
sambaHomePath: \\SMB\homes

So testuser right now is OK, except for the fact that it seems that
his preferences are *not* saved.

If I create a directory on the desktop or on another location,
everything is OK. If I change for example my desktop background on
the next logon I have the same green-blueish desktop, not the picture
I selected. The funny part is that if I open the desktop preferences,
the window shows me the correct picture I selected (not the solid
color) as if it were working!

Is there a way to analyze what's going on?

--
Sensei <senseiwa at mac.com>

The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears it is true.      [J. Robert Oppenheimer]