[Samba] Cannot copy back profile

Sensei senseiwa at mac.com
Tue Jul 11 17:40:05 GMT 2006

On Jul 11, 2006, at 08:44am, Jerry Westrick wrote:

> try these options on your workstations....
>
> ;---------------------------------------------------------------------
> ----
> ; do not roam the following folders
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
> \Winlogon]
> "ExcludeProfileDirs"="Temporary Internet Files;History;Temp"
>
> ;---------------------------------------------------------------------
> ----
> ; Do not check for user ownership of Roaming Profile Folders
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System]
> "CompatibleRUPSecurity"=dword:00000001

Thanks Jerry. That worked perfectly... but now I've got a _privacy_
issue: all users are able to read and write in each other's profiles.

The problem is that currently, if a user testuser starts \\PDC, he
finds two shares, the Printers/Faxes and himself, a share called
testuser. If he selects this share, he finds *all* the user home
directories, and can go into the profile folder and do whatever they
want. To ensure that I have all the profiles belonging to
smbadmin:Domain Users I use ``force user = smbadmin'' in the profile
share section.

Is there a way to avoid this behavior?

Thanks!

--
Sensei <senseiwa at mac.com>

The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears it is true.      [J. Robert Oppenheimer]