[Samba] Re: Re: Re: setting up Samba server as a PDC

simo idra at samba.org
Fri Jul 7 14:59:05 GMT 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 10:43 -0400, Eric Evans wrote:
> I'm a bit worried about this.  I really don't like the idea of an account
> on the Sun that does not have a password associated with it.

Eric, the unix account will have a disabled password
(machinename$:x:uid:gid:gecos:home:shell) depending on your script.

The samba password for the machine account is negotiated between the
windows client and the samba server on join (when the account is also
created through the add machine script) using the administrative
credentials of the user performing the join to seal the exchange.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer