[Samba] A couple of share questions...

Steve A gmane at rowyerboat.com
Fri Jul 7 01:26:23 GMT 2006

In my smb.conf (below)...

1.
I would like the ntadmins group to be able to see (and write to if
necessary) all defined shares.  The way I've done this is to share the root
[export] of where I've put all my shares.  Is that the easiest and
recommended way?  As it stand, members of ntadmins can connect, but not
write to that location, and I think this is because /export is owned and
group owned by root.  I'm not a Unix expert, so how can I make this work
without changing the ownership from root?

2.
I would also like the ntadmins group to be able to see (and write to if
necessary) all [homes].  Would I have to share the root of [homes] too, or
is there another way to do this?

Many thanks,
Steve :)

[global]
        workgroup = BSDDOMAIN
        server string = Samba Server
        passdb backend = tdbsam
        enable privileges = Yes
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        load printers = No
        show add printer wizard = No
        add machine script = pw user add -n %u -g winstations -c
Windows_Machine -s /usr/sbin/nologin
        logon path = \\%N\%U\.winprofile
        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 65