[Samba] W2K Login Problem

kentek kenwood at thesportsresort.com
Thu Jul 6 21:08:47 GMT 2006

I too have many config problems with all *nix distros. I'm using Fedora5.
Pretty happy.
What has really help is that I found out about "Webmin".
It allow one to configure everything from a web browser from anywhere.

Most of everything now works including Samba server.

That said, make sure that Samba passwords are encrypted as that is default
in win server.
And, here is an item i just found and implemented:
>From Win server go to Admin tools | Domain Controller Security Settings |
Local Policies | Security options
Scroll down to Microsoft network server: Digitally sign communications
(always) Set this to Disabled as it is Not implemented by default.
then do from dos window GPUpdate /force.
ciao.