[Samba] query about PC setups

Eric Evans eje4 at cornell.edu
Thu Jul 6 15:53:53 GMT 2006

I have a basic question about this, because I think I still don't really
understand how this method works.  When you set up the netlogon parameters
and your startup.bat script, all that stuff is on the server side,
right?  So when you log on to your PC, how does the PC know that it's
supposed to contact the server and download the startup.bat file?  It seems
to me that somehow you have to have some way of telling the PC that it
needs to contact the Samba server to get the bat file.

Eric