[Samba] query about PC setups

Edmundo Valle Neto edmundo.valle at terra.com.br
Wed Jul 5 22:43:52 GMT 2006

Eric Evans escreveu:
> Hello,
>
> My boss claims that it is possible to set up a PC as a Samba client in
> such a way that every Windows user who logs in to that PC will
> automatically be connected to a certain designated Samba share,
> without the user himself having to map the network drive to the Samba
> share.  That is, the boss claims that I, as the administrator of the
> PC, have the power to set up some kind of global mapping for all the
> PC users so that each user doesn't have to do the mapping himself.  Is
> there any truth to this claim?  I haven't found any mention of this
> feature in the Samba documentation.
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

With any windows/samba network you can do that. Any .bat script
including "net use" commands when executed on client maps drives that
way. It can be included alone on the client in any place that permits to
run programs after logon or using logon scripts with a PDC (that are
meant to do that).

Edmundo Valle Neto