[Samba] Re: Re: Trouble with PDC

Pas XL ro_0 at mail.ru
Tue Jul 4 10:26:42 GMT 2006

It don't seem to be the problem with duplicate entries. Problem stays after removing them, additionally client don't send any packets to connect to the domain. All it does is 6 times broadcast the name query request, on 1st of it domain replies "I don't know such name".

Here's packets sniffed with Eherereal:

1) Source: 192.168.209.5(Client) Dest: 192.168.209.130(Domain) Type: NetBios Name Service name query. Content: Name: DOMAIN<1c> (Domain Controllers).
2) Source: 192.168.209.130 Dest: 192.168.209.5 Type: NetBios Name Service Answer. Content: Name DOMAIN<1c> unknown.
3,4,5,6,7) Source: 192.168.209.5 Dest: 192.168.209.130 Content: as 1st with different broadcast flags.

I have some thoughts about situation:
1) In 1st packet there is "Domain controllers" flag. Seems smbd(or nmbd) ignores query with this flag. After all, name lookup for file sharing works fine.
2) Mysterious <1c> after name. In file sharing name query Name=DOMAIN<00>