[Samba] Re: SUSE 10.0 and firewall

Ryan Kather rkather at missionpenguin.com
Thu Jan 19 14:45:42 GMT 2006

Oygle,

It sounds to me like more of a rights issue.  If you can see the server,
then name resolution is working.  With the ports allowed, the server
visible, and password prompts denying you it seems there is an access
problem.  You are not using Samba as a PDC, so do the Windows workstations
you are attempting to connect with have user account names matching valid
samba names?  If not, do you have guest access enabled?  Have you checked
your valid users directive?

Ryan