[Samba] Re: SUSE 10.0 and firewall

Oygle nospam at jehoshua.biz
Fri Jan 20 05:13:16 GMT 2006

Ryan,

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 09:45:42 -0500 (EST), "Ryan Kather"
<rkather at missionpenguin.com> wrote:

>It sounds to me like more of a rights issue.  If you can see the server,
>then name resolution is working.  With the ports allowed, the server
>visible, and password prompts denying you it seems there is an access
>problem.  You are not using Samba as a PDC, so do the Windows workstations
>you are attempting to connect with have user account names matching valid
>samba names ?

Yes, I have checked and there is a user on both computers, both have
the same username and the same password. The user settings on Linux
are belonging to these groups:

dialout
video
users

> If not, do you have guest access enabled ?

Not enabled on Linux I don't think so.

> Have you checked your valid users directive?

Where do I check this ? I'm only used to using YAST, a GUI interface
into the Samba server and Samba client.

Oygle