[Samba] Re: Unable to access and browse a DFS tree

Theo Kanter theo at verkstad.net
Fri Feb 10 13:40:22 GMT 2006

I'll will answer my own message in the hope that might be of use to
someone else who is also puzzled by the phrase "Users on DFS-aware
clients can now browse the DFS tree" at the end of Chapter 18. You
cannot *now* browse the DFS tree. This is only true when adding a few
extra lines, granting access to the local dfs share.

[dfs]
        comment = DFS Share
        path = /export/dfsroot
        valid users = root, theo