[Samba] can not get preexec option to run a script file

James A. Dinkel jdinkel at bucoks.com
Wed Dec 27 20:38:56 GMT 2006

I created a script in a file called HomeScript located at
"/etc/samba/Scripts/".  Now I want to run this from preexec on the
[homes] share.  This is all that is in the script right now, minus the
dashed lines:

----------------------
#!/bin/bash
# Creating home directories

mkdir --mode=700 /export/homes/%S

My preexec option looks like this:

preexec = /etc/samba/Scripts/HomeScript

Now if I put the mkdir command directly in the preexec line, then it
works, but I want to add in checking for the existence of the directory
and also some other commands and branches.  Anybody see what I am doing
wrong?

James Dinkel