[Samba] core dumps with 3.0.23c

Mark Nienberg gmane at tippingmar.com
Wed Dec 27 05:32:42 GMT 2006

I have a fedora core 5 server running samba-3.0.23c-1.fc5 from fedora
updates.  Recently I changed smb.conf to use security=domain instead of
security=user.  The server that it authenticates against is running
fedora core 4 with samba-3.0.14a-2.

Anyway, this setup worked just fine for a couple of weeks, but today I
yum updated many packages including pam, glibc and kernel on the fedora
5 server and now, anytime I access a share that includes a setting like

valid users = @someGroup
or
admin users = @someOtherGroup

I get an smbd core dump.

If I comment out the line above and restart smb, then all is well.

Any ideas much appreciated.  Thanks,
Mark