[Samba] Cannot create writeable share - tried many different things

Oscar Sodani oscar at sodani.com
Sun Dec 10 16:13:52 GMT 2006

Tim,

Thank you! I really appreciate any help I can get on this one.

By the way, I have tried Samba on a different Linux server, using the
same steps as in my original email, and I was able to create a
writeable share successfully.

On my "problem" server, I am using the standard FC5 package. Over the
past few days, I have made sure that every package is updated to the
latest FC releases.

For this test, I set the log level to 2, restarted samba, connected as
"osc", tried to create a directory, then exited.
I did the same with the log level set to 3.
I have both logs attached- thank you for your efforts!!!

Oscar